KEY SOCIAL CONDITIONS
Combining twenty five years of debate and six of active consultation, here are the seven key conditions the Tasmanian public insist we adhere to, over and beyond the planning scheme:
- Co-exist with the mountain; i.e do not detract from existing values or recreational use yet improve family-friendly access.
- Do not impede, replace, reduce capacity or require restricted access on the existing road corridor to co-exist.
- Deliver an indistinguishable cableway corridor that requires little to no permanent clear-felling of vegetation.
- Fund the project privately and don't rely on a taxpayer bailout.
- Align the cableway corridor to take maximum advantage of terrain to minimise visual intrusion and quantity of pylons.
- Provide a visually-unobtrusive pinnacle facility, when viewed from both the City of Hobart looking towards the mountain, and looking from the existing carpark at the Pinnacle.
- Provide a base terminal with ease-of-access to and from the city, in particular the waterfront zone, including mixed-mode integration with existing transport options.
- Value-adds to the ongoing management and preservation of Wellington Park.
MWCC are proud to comply with all of the above key social conditions. Each have become fundamental building blocks of our proposal.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Formal opportunities to get involved are listed here:
PUBLIC INPUT OPPORTUNITIES:
- Wellington Park Management Plan Review 2012-2013 Representations - COMPLETED OCTOBER 2012
- MWCC Local Values & Opinions Survey - COMPLETED MARCH 2013
- MWCC Public Design Input - COMPLETED LATE 2013
- Pro-Development Petition - COMPLETED MAY 2014
- Wellington Park Management Plan 2014-2015 Amendment Representations - COMPLETED SEPTEMBER 2014
- Tasmanian Planning Commission Public Hearings on Review of the WPMP 2015 Amendment - COMPLETED APRIL 2015
- Draft Facilitation Bill 2017 - Call for Public Submissions - COMPLETED AUGUST 2017
- Formal Parliamentary Petition - TASMANIAN RESIDENTS ONLY - COMPLETED 18/09/17
- Design Feedback - COMING SOON
Have your Say - OPEN