Mount Wellington Cableway Company Pty. Limited. is subject to the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 and the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012. The purpose of this Policy is to describe how Mount Wellington Cableway Company Pty. Limited. complies with the privacy requirements in protecting the personal information Mount Wellington Cableway Company Pty. Limited. holds about individuals. This Policy is applicable to Mount Wellington Cableway Company Pty. Limited. and its controlled entities (collectively referred to as “MWCC” below).
Personal information is defined as information or an opinion that can identify or can reasonably identify an individual.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The type of personal information that MWCC collects will depend upon what dealings the relevant individual may have with MWCC. MWCC may collect and hold information about:
· purchasers or potential purchasers (for example, when purchasing or leasing a MWCC property, or when responding to requests for information about a MWCC property);
· individuals as tenants (for example, when entering into or applying to enter into a lease with MWCC);
· suppliers (for example, when establishing records and systems to enable payment for goods);
· job applicants (for the purposes of employment);
· individuals as contractors (for example, when establishing records and systems to enable payment for services);
· individual (including professional individuals and syndicates) investors (for example, when establishing accounts and to carry out due diligence);
· individuals as shareholders in Mount Wellington Cableway Company Pty. Limited. securities;
· other individuals who may come into contact with MWCC.
MWCC only collects personal information which is reasonably necessary for its dealings with the relevant individual. The types of personal information may include, but are not limited to:
· information that identifies the individual (for example, name, address, contact details, date of birth);
· information about the individual’s financial position;
· information about the individual that is required or authorised by law;
· the individual’s tax file number;
· the individual’s opinion about the MWCC’s products, services or staff.
The Privacy Act imposes restrictions on collecting sensitive personal information (this includes information about religious views, ethnicity, political opinions, personal health information). MWCC generally does not collect sensitive personal information about an individual. However, in certain circumstances, MWCC may collect some sensitive information if it is necessary to allow MWCC to deal with the individual and the individual has provided consent for MWCC to do so.
Whenever it is reasonable and practical to do so, MWCC only collects personal information directly from the individual. In some circumstances, personal information may be provided to MWCC by other parties such as the individual’s agent. MWCC will take reasonable steps to inform the individual that it has the individual’s personal information, unless it is obvious from the circumstances.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
MWCC operates a number of businesses which handle personal information. MWCC's policy is only to use personal information for the purpose which was either specified or reasonably apparent at the time when the information was collected. MWCC may also use or disclose the information collected for any other related purpose for which the individual would reasonably expect it to be used.
If MWCC wishes to use or disclose the personal information in other circumstances, it needs to obtain the individual’s consent to do so. In general, MWCC uses personal information for the following purposes:
· providing products or services that have been requested;
· communicating with the individual;
· assessing the suitability of prospective tenants;
· helping MWCC manage and enhance its products and services, including analysing customer feedback and future customer needs;
· providing ongoing information about MWCC products and services to individuals that MWCC believes may be interested;
· complying with regulatory and legal obligations;
· recruiting of employees and contractors.
DISCLOSING INFORMATION TO OTHER PARTIES
MWCC may disclose personal information to other entities within Mount Wellington Cableway Company Pty. Limited.. External parties may be given access to personal information held by MWCC in certain circumstances. These include, but are not limited to:
· MWCC's contractors and service providers who assist MWCC in the operation of its business or to provide a customer service (for example, a company which helps maintain MWCC's computer systems or sends out MWCC's mail);
· joint venture partners for the purposes of seeking relevant regulatory approvals;
· third party lenders and insurers;
· the Australian Securities Exchange, the Australian Securities and Investments Commission and to other government agencies as agreed to or required by law;
· anyone authorised by a provider of personal information;
· relevant parties in situations when MWCC is required by law to provide the information.
MWCC may sometimes disclose personal information overseas to allow external parties to perform their services for MWCC but MWCC will only do so in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
MWCC does not sell personal information to entities outside Mount Wellington Cableway Company Pty. Limited..
MWCC may send marketing materials to its customers or potential customers where MWCC has collected the personal information from the individual and the marketing material is related to the purpose for which the information was collected.
The individual’s prior consent will be obtained before personal information is used for marketing purposes in situations where the personal information has not been collected directly from the individual or where sensitive information is involved.
If the customer no longer wishes MWCC to use his or her personal information in order for MWCC to provide marketing materials, the customer is to advise MWCC via the relevant method provided for in the electronic marketing message sent to the customer or the MWCC Privacy Officer. MWCC will act and amend its records promptly.
APPLYING FOR EMPLOYMENT WITH MWCC
MWCC collects personal information from individuals who submit applications or register interest for employment with MWCC. If the application is unsuccessful, MWCC may retain the information in case a more appropriate opportunity becomes available. The unsuccessful applicant will be advised that he or she can contact MWCC to request MWCC not to retain the applicant’s information.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
MWCC will take reasonable steps to protect personal information that it holds from unauthorised access, modification, misuse, interference and loss. Personal information is held on secure servers or in storage located in controlled environments. MWCC employees are required to maintain the confidentiality of any personal information held.
If other parties provide support services, MWCC requires them to agree to appropriately protect the privacy of the information provided to them.
NOTIFICATION OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
Any individual can request access to the personal information MWCC may hold about them. To obtain access to the information, the individual needs to write to the MWCC Privacy Officer (contact details below). MWCC will require evidence to verify the identity of the individual.
This service is free of charge unless the personal information requested requires preparation time. In this situation, MWCC will provide an estimate of how much this service will cost and request agreement before proceeding.
In normal circumstances, MWCC will provide the individual with access to the individual’s personal information. However, in some circumstances, there may be legal, regulatory or administrative reasons to deny the requested access. If access is denied, MWCC will provide the individual with the reason.
CHANGING PERSONAL INFORMATION
If an individual wishes to update personal information that the individual believe may be inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, the individual may write to the MWCC Privacy Officer requesting the information to be updated or deleted.
CHANGES IN THE FUTURE
An individual can make a complaint about the way in which MWCC has handled an individual’s personal information by writing to the MWCC General Manager. MWCC will endeavour to act promptly in response to a complaint.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON PRIVACY
For further information about privacy issues and the protection of privacy, visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at http://www.oaic.gov.au